Sunday, March 25, 2012

copying views

I have created several views via Enterprise Manager in a
SQL database that supports software provided by an outside
source. These views will be effected during software
version upgrades and may have some nagative impact on the
execution of upgrades.
Is there some simple way to preserve these views during a
software upgrade?
I hoped that I would just be able to cut and paste the
views (perhaps into another database where they didn't
really belong) temporarily during an upgrade and then move
them back. I don't see any way to do this. I can right
click on the views and copy them, but I don't see any way
to paste it anywhere for temporary storage.
I would prefer not to copy the query text from each view,
save it somewhere temporarily, and then recreate each view
and paste the query text back into it. I have a lot of
views created and this would be a time consuming solution.
Thanks.generate scripts and run those after the update
"allen" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:01b601c3c4e2$08ce32d0$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
> I have created several views via Enterprise Manager in a
> SQL database that supports software provided by an outside
> source. These views will be effected during software
> version upgrades and may have some nagative impact on the
> execution of upgrades.
> Is there some simple way to preserve these views during a
> software upgrade?
> I hoped that I would just be able to cut and paste the
> views (perhaps into another database where they didn't
> really belong) temporarily during an upgrade and then move
> them back. I don't see any way to do this. I can right
> click on the views and copy them, but I don't see any way
> to paste it anywhere for temporary storage.
> I would prefer not to copy the query text from each view,
> save it somewhere temporarily, and then recreate each view
> and paste the query text back into it. I have a lot of
> views created and this would be a time consuming solution.
> Thanks.|||Thanks!
>--Original Message--
>generate scripts and run those after the update
>"allen" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:01b601c3c4e2$08ce32d0$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
>> I have created several views via Enterprise Manager in a
>> SQL database that supports software provided by an
outside
>> source. These views will be effected during software
>> version upgrades and may have some nagative impact on
the
>> execution of upgrades.
>> Is there some simple way to preserve these views during
a
>> software upgrade?
>> I hoped that I would just be able to cut and paste the
>> views (perhaps into another database where they didn't
>> really belong) temporarily during an upgrade and then
move
>> them back. I don't see any way to do this. I can right
>> click on the views and copy them, but I don't see any
way
>> to paste it anywhere for temporary storage.
>> I would prefer not to copy the query text from each
view,
>> save it somewhere temporarily, and then recreate each
view
>> and paste the query text back into it. I have a lot of
>> views created and this would be a time consuming
solution.
>> Thanks.
>
>.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment