Sunday, March 25, 2012

Copying the database

Hi,

I am changing my hosting from one company to another company. How can I copy my full database along with views and stored procedures. I have only access to query analyzer and enterprise manager from where I am not able to backup the database on my local computer. As it is very urgent please suggest me a way to do this.

Thanks in advance,
UdayIf you have Enterprise Manager, right-click on the database, All Tasks -> Export Data.

The source should already be selected, Click next.

Set up the destination to a SQL Server that you have control over and create a <new> database. Type in a name, click OK, then click Next.

Select Copy objects and data, click Next.

Select run immediately, click Next. Then you'll need to click OK somewhere in there.|||Hi,

I did that but I am not able to copy the stored procedures and views, when I try to generate query it gives me

/****** Encrypted object is not transferable, and script can not be generated. ******/

How can I copy this stored procedures and views.

Thanks in advance,
Uday.

No comments:

Post a Comment